Friday, February 6, 2009

She has no name and she does not exist - Mayaanamika

As I entered the gate, there she was... standing and smiling,waiting for me to approach the main door. I have been with her for quite some time now and have seen her almost everyday, but today, today she was looking different. There was a shine in her long silky hair and a glint in her eye. Her smile conveyed the message of warmth and care,beckoning me to go ahead and step through the door. I was mesmerized... I had never seen her like this before ! For a moment it looked as if she was waiting to give me a big hug. With a look of doubt [ and frankly a little expectation], i walked through the door and into the house and ..... Nothing happened !!!!
In a way, thanking my stars that i did not get a hug from her at the place we were standing [ though deep down I was wishing i should have got one] I went in and met everyone sitting at the dining table, wondering what they had to say if I had been given that hug.... but the rest of the day went as "normal" as possible. When it was time to leave, i bid farewell to all and got out of the door. Before i got onto my bike, I turned around for the last time to say bye. Just as i turned, i felt a sudden tug on my shoulders and the warmth of another body close to mine. Just one sentence fulfilled my expectation.... "Thank you for being around".
As for me... only closed eyes and a big smile was seen on my face as i embraced her. The feeling was TOO great for words....

No comments:

Post a Comment