Friday, May 22, 2009

Flirting around !


It took me half and hour to follow the Danaid Eggfly female just to get a photo. Just as she settled down [ and i had a small breather] the male approached her, sat in front of her and started vibrating his antennae and wings. Quietly, I got down on my stomach and approached them carefully. As I went closer, I noticed that the male eggfly was vibrating his antennae all over the female's head and antennae. Hmmm... looked like he was in a mood to woo her... and taking this opportunity, I took a photo of the romantic couple. The female, shy as can be, moved a little by the time I clicked...probably she had the feeling that they were being watched... [hmmm... I wonder why?? ]

1 comment:

  1. Nice..... Always wanted 2 get 2 extremely sexually dimorphic butterflies in 1 frame.
    Gud shot
    - Dina

    ReplyDelete